Recently I had to change an .mpga to a .mp3 file in order to edit the music before using it as my ringtone on my android phone.
As an mpga audio file is technically a mp3 file there is no conversion needed.
Simply change the extension of the file from .mpga to .mp3 and the file should work fine.
Follow the following steps to ‘convert’ the file.
- Locate the MPGA file using Windows Explorer
- Press alt to bring up the explorer options menu (in Windows 7). Then press tools > folder options.
- Temporarily uncheck “hide extensions for known file types”
- Right click on mpga file which should be visable as filename.mpga
- Rename file to filename.mp3
- Select mpga file and press the command key + i (command + i)
- In the ”Name & Extension” box, delete the .mpga extension and replace it with .mp3
- Click the “X” in the top left corner of window to apply changes.
Thats it! The file is now a mp3 file.
Extra tip: If your on an Android phone lookup file managers on the Android Market as these allow you to change file extensions.